All goods purchased from www.burningdesiresni.com ONLINE ONLY may be returned for refund within 14 working days from receipt of goods[*].
Please contact our customer services on 028 3833 0321 or email: email@example.com Tell us reason for the return plus whether the item has been used. In addition, you will need to confirm your name, order number and postcode, so please have these available if you telephone.
To return an item, you need to send it to:
Burning Desires Fancy Dress
2 Bridge Street South
Remember to include your order documentation and any additional information about the product(s) within the order.
Please note that unfortunately we will are unable to accept back goods which are received 30 calendar days after the original notification date.
Items such as stockings, panties and wigs adhere to our strict policy and we ask our customers not to open or try-on any of these products until they are happy it suits their needs. For items such as contact lenses the packaging will need to be unopened and, without exception, not tried on or tested. This is for obvious hygienic reasons. Any of these items returned might not be refunded if found to be worn.
May we please ask you to additionally note:
- You must take care of our goods whilst they are in your possession and any item for return must be received back in its original shipped condition and with all original packing. The item must be without damage or use and in a suitable condition for resale. We cannot accept returns for refund if such items have been opened from a sealed package (Costumes do not typically come in sealed packages and you can try them on). All items will be inspected on their return to our warehouse.
- We are not a manufacturer, so the whole product and packaging must be returned in the same condition as you would have received it and how you may expect to receive it. If the product or packaging is in any way missing or damaged, we cannot refund.
- That you or your carrier are responsible for any returned goods until they reach our warehouse. Cost and risk of return will be at your expense and we strongly recommend that you receive proof of posting or use a full tracked service such as Royal Mail’s “Recorded Signed” service. You may like to opt for a service with higher compensation should an item be valuable.
- We regret that outbound premium shipping, packing and insurance cannot be refunded.
- We try to make refunds within one week of receipt of goods back to us though promise to make all refunds within 30 calendar days from receipt of goods to our warehouse. Please note that we will not be held liable for any interest payment that you may incur because any refund was made outside of your credit/debit card timescales.
- Please return the goods to the address on the top of your receipt/invoice including the Returns Authorisation Number. Any returned items not including such information may well be delayed.
- Any returned goods that we receive which are outside of this Returns Policy will be defined as ‘In Dispute’. Such In Dispute items will not be refunded. A reason for this decision will be provided. We are happy to re-ship such In Dispute items back to you; otherwise they will be destroyed within 91 calendar days from their receipt back to us.
- We are sorry but due to false promises in the past, we are unable to replace an item until the original is returned to Burning Desires. If you need an item in a hurry, we suggest you place a second order for the new item and send the original back at a later date.
- Sometimes and especially if goods are purchased in advance for a present or delivered while on holiday, aforementioned 14 day response timescales can be missed. Therefore, without prejudice and as a gesture of goodwill, we are happy to consider the following remedy on a case by case basis:
- Should you wish to cancel the contract between 14 working days and 30 calendar days from receipt of goods, we will be happy to accept the item(s) back with refund of the goods to the value of 70% of the purchase price (excluding shipping)
- Should you wish to cancel the contract after 30 calendar days, we will have no obligation to refund. If the returned item has been received to our warehouse and you wish the item resent to you, we will ask for a nominal fee to cover additional shipping costs.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
[*] “14 working days from receipt of goods” shall be defined as 14 working days after the date of signature of receipt of goods
All of our products from www.burningdesiresni.com online come with our 30 day guarantee where you may return faulty goods for exchange or refund of original purchase price. This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
Returns Policy – Faulty Goods
Should a product be faulty, please let us know as soon as possible via email (or telephone first where possible).
Where we are advised of the fault within 30 calendar days after you have received the item, we will happily provide you with a full refund or replacement of the faulty product.
Should you notify us of a faulty product within 30 days and 6 months after delivery, the Company will endeavour to replace or repair the item and, only in instances where this is not possible, will a full refund be offered on any returned item or a partial refund should you wish to keep the product.
Faults which are notified to the Company after 6 months after the receipt of the item will require proof that the item was defective on receipt.
We shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, misuse or alteration or repair of the ordered goods without our approval.
Before sending the parcel back to us, please contact us for a Returns Authorisation Number. You will be asked for the reason for the return plus whether the item has been used. In addition, you will need to confirm your name, order number and postcode, so please have these available.
Please return the goods to the address on the top of your receipt/invoice and ensure that you include the Returns Number with your parcel back to us as failure to do so will result in delay of any refund or replacement.
Any returned goods that we receive which are outside of this Returns Policy will be defined as ‘In Dispute’. Such In Dispute items will not be refunded or exchanged. A reason for this decision will be provided. We are happy to re-ship such In Dispute items back to you, otherwise they will be destroyed within 91 calendar days from their receipt back to us.
We are sorry but due to false promises in the past, we are unable to replace a faulty item until the original is returned to Burning Desires.
All images which portray costumes or items are used with the permission of the Copyright holder. Burning Desires make every effort to maintain clear descriptions and endeavour to use such ‘up to date’ images that are representative and truly reflect the item to be purchased. However Burning Desires cannot be held responsible for [a] any perception you may have in product representation and [b] the manufacturer’s obligation of a right to change product specification including colour or design at any time and without notice.
It is also important to note that some colours may vary slightly from what you see on screen to the product ultimately received, depending on your monitor screen resolution and colour/display settings. We are aware that our site looks different on different PC’s using different browsers and having different colour and screen resolution settings.
VAT Tax Charges – General
All the prices in the store are shown inclusive and exclusive of VAT where applicable at the prevailing rates. We sell in UK Pounds Sterling (£) and Euros (€).
Example products where VAT is liable or exempt are:
- Adult clothing: Liable.
- Child Clothing: Exempt.
- Toys and Games: Liable.
- Books: Exempt.
- Postage and Shipping: Liable. HMCE dictate we have to charge VAT on Postage and Shipping. Please do not confuse not having to pay VAT on postage stamps from the Post Office.
VAT is applicable to any purchase with a destination address within the UK or EU and is calculated based upon the shipping address detail.If you are a non UK company based in the EU who can supply a VAT number, VAT will not be charged as you are entitled to a zero rated intra EC supply. Please contact us in this instance as we require your VAT Registration number before your order can be processed.
Please see our separate section on VAT to BFPO addresses below.
As at 1st January 2014, the consolidated EU Member States deemed chargeable for VAT are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus[*], Czech Republic, Denmark (except the Faroe Islands and Greenland), Estonia, Finland, France (including Monaco), Germany (except Busingen and the Isle of Heligoland), Greece, Hungary, The Republic of Ireland (Eire), Italy (except the communes of Livigno and Campione d’Italia and the Italian waters of Lake Lugano), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal (including the Azores and Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including the Balearic Islands but excluding Ceuta and Melilla), Sweden and United Kingdom (and the Isle of Man).
[*]except the United Nations buffer zone and the part of Cyprus to the north of the buffer zone, where the Republic of Cyprus does not exercise effective control
The following countries and territories are outside the EC fiscal (VAT) area: The Channel Islands (Jersey & Guernsey), Andorra, San Marino, The Aland Islands, The Canary Islands, The overseas departments of France (Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion, St Pierre and Miquelon and French Guiana), Mount Athos, Gibraltar and The Vatican City. VAT is not payable at any other destination within the rest of the world.
EU Member States Source: HM Customs & Excise.
Please be aware however that Import Duties will be deemed payable to imports outside of the UK and EU, including The Canary Islands.
Credit Card Security
No credit or debit card or similar information is held by Burning Desires.
Prior to shipping, we reserve the right to decline, reject or similarly cancel any order or part order without notice and refund any payment in full.
Many products, especially accessories can be procured from different suppliers depending on stock availability. Please note therefore that products may come in different packaging.
All prices are correct at time of publication. Burning Desires reserve the right to change, alter or amend any price at any time without notice. Should a product price decrease since an original purchase, contractually we are not obligated to refund the difference. Similarly, should an increase occur prior to purchase, we are not obligated to sell at the previous lower price.
All goods remain the property of Burning Desires until paid for in full.
Orders must be placed before 2.00pm for same day dispatch. Orders placed after this time will be dispatched the following working day.
FREE delivery on all orders £50 and over! This offer applies to Northern Ireland & UK mainland only.
If you are not satisfied with your order, you should contact us at 02838 330321 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and sort out any issues.